Monday, October 6, 2008

Halloween Bat Treats

Bat Kisses

I met a cute little bat on Halloween night
But he was nice, didn’t give me a fright
Instead he gave me a sweet little kiss
And it tasted chocolaty just like this
Before he flew off he asked me nice
To share his kisses once or twice
And so I offer you little Bat Kisses
And all my best Halloween wishes
Happy Halloween!
written by LisajoWolff 2003

~ Attach this to a small baggie of Chocolate Kisses candies
_________________________

BAT POOP
chocolate covered raisins

As I was out on Halloween Night
I saw above me bats in flight
At the bats I began to look
And felt a crunch underfoot
I began to search around
And found this bat poop on the ground
I decided to try this unusual treat
And found it tastes chocolatey sweet
So I thought I would share a scoop
Of the infamous BAT POOP!!!
by Paulette
_________________________

Bat Wing Stew

mini marshmallows--ghosts noses
pretzel sticks--bat bones
candy corn--bird beaks
cheerios--eye sockets
chocolate chips--bat droppings
gummy worms--worms
raisins--shrivelled eye balls
_________________________

Batty Pizza

Adults do the first part, then kids can help.

1. Adults only: Use a sharp knife to cut a Pita pocket bread in half.

2. Make a zigzag pattern on the bottom edge of each half to form bat wings.

3. Place on a baking sheet. Spread tomato sauce over the bread and top with shredded mozzarella cheese and sliced black and green olives.

4. Place in a 400°F oven and bake until the cheese melts.

5. To assemble the bat, place the wings side by side on a plate and add an extra piece of Pita bread to form the head.
Don't forget the black olive eyes.
__________________________

"batwiches"
***********

1 can white tuna packed in water, well drained
1/2 c. plain low fat yogurt OR mayo
1/2 tsp. dried basil
1/2 c. shelled sunflower seeds
16 thin slices of pumpernickel bread

In a med. bowl, mix tuna, yogurt (or mayo), basil and sunflower seeds
until well blended. Cover and chill until ready to use.

Cut off crusts from bread. Using a bat shaped cookie cutter, cut out
shape from each slice.

Spread 8 cut out slices with tuna mixture; top with remaining slices.
_________________________



All of the ideas I share are ones that I've saved over the MANY years of collecting fun tidbits to use at my own parties or events or just for our own family fun. I hope you can make use of some of the fun ideas too!

SMUGGLES,
RhondaSue

No comments: